Tourism Industry Continues to Record Unprecedented Growth
- The tourism industry continues to record unprecedented growth, with a 9.1% increase in stopover arrivals for the first eight months of 2019.
- Director of Tourism, Donovan White, points out that up to August 31, 2019, Jamaica recorded 1.8Mn in stopover arrivals, achieving a revenue inflow of US$2.39Bn, which is a 12.0% growth in earnings over the same period last year.
- White was speaking at the 2019 Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX) Media Breakfast at the Half Moon Hotel, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, St. James, on Tuesday, September 10.
- According to the Director, Jamaica is poised to generate approximately US$3.5Bn in tourism earnings from stopover arrivals for 2019, a 12.0% increase in revenue inflow over 2018.
- He added that just under 2.7Mn stopover tourists are expected to visit the island by the end of 2019, an increase of 8.5%.