Costa Rica Increases Its Presence In The USA With A New Trade Office In Texas
- In order to increase investment and exports with the south-east region of the USA, Costa Rica has opened a trade facilitation office in the city of Houston, Texas, from which it will work on the promotion of Costa Rican products and services that have potential in the zone, as well as opportunities for investments and strategic alliances.
- The official opening of Costa Rican Exports Promotion Agency PROCOMER's trade promotion office took place on Tuesday, June 8 at the headquarters of the Greater Houston Partnership, the city's largest Chamber of Commerce.
- Various studies carried out by PROCOMER have identified potential for exports in southern and eastern USA in sectors such as foodservice, information and communications technology (ICT), agricultural products, roasted coffee, health care services, the aerospace industry and artisan beer, among others; products that Costa Rica produces with certified quality.
- Texas is the ninth-largest economy in the world (by GDP), as corroborated by the intensive migration of people and companies from other US states, because of its pro-business environment and job growth. Additionally, 30% of Costa Rica's international trade with the USA is with the state of Texas.
- It is for these reasons, and others such as opportunities in information and communications technology, creative industries, biotechnology and life sciences, digital animation, advanced manufacturing and medical technologies, that the agency has decided to increase its presence in this state.
(Source: El Paso Inc)